November 16, 2011 by Kristen
It’s around that time of year when Oprah would announce her favorite things. Well, since Oprah is no longer on the air, I thought I would grace you with a list of some of my favorite things. Oh, and “You get a car! You get a car! Everybody gets a car!”
I was once on the fence about Oprah…this episode pushed me over the edge. I’ll leave it up to you to determine on which side I landed.
Kristen’s Favorite Things (in no particular order)
1. Yankee Candles on Clearance. Because a $30 candle is just ridiculous.
2. G00d smelling boys. Not like, doused in Axe…more along the lines of Giorgio Armani…or, you know what? Give me doused in Axe, I’m not even picky anymore.
3. Engaging in snarky banter with my siblings. Observe this postcard I once received from my brother.
4. Shallow television shows. The Hills, 90210, Degrassi, Pretty Little Liars. The more literature I read, the more shallow television I watch. It’s a reciprocal relationship I won’t try to explain or justify.
5. Tim Keller podcast & his new book on marriage. Because I need all the wisdom I can glean.
6. Men in uniform. Thank you college campus for this.
7. A full night’s sleep. I’m talking 8-10 hours baby! Gotta get me some of that.
8. “Quenchers” aka Meijer brand flavored sparkling water. So cheap. So great.
9. All things fuzzy/furry. This includes: slippers, blankets, socks, and my doggie
10. Getting mail in my mailbox. The outdoor mailbox. Not bills, or credit card offers–I’m talking real letters. Can we please bring back letter writing?
What are some of your favorite things? My list is totally comparable to Oprah’s favorite things, right?